Legal Guidance For Your Success As A Musician Or Producer
The music industry can be incredibly competitive and cutthroat. As a musician or producer, you want to focus on making music. You shouldn’t have to spend your precious time and energy addressing complex legal issues or navigating disputes.
At Short Law Firm, PC, I can handle the legal aspects of your career to protect what’s most important to you – your image, your artistic freedom and your music. I’m Texas attorney J. Kyle Short, and I represent musicians, bands and producers throughout the Dallas metroplex and beyond. With decades of experience, I know how to anticipate potential roadblocks and take proactive steps to help you succeed.
How I Can Help You Succeed In The Music Industry
In the streaming era, musicians and producers face a multitude of legal considerations in developing, protecting and licensing their music. A proactive approach is essential for ensuring that you get properly paid for your work and that you have access to the right opportunities for your career.
I can help you with all the legal aspects of your music career, including:
- Managing and safeguarding your intellectual property rights, including copyrights
- Pursuing contracts with streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music
- Acting as a liaison between you, your group and music performance rights organizations such as ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SoundExchange
- Representing you if a record label is interested in signing you
- Creating or reviewing gigs, events, festival or other performance contracts
- Negotiating licensing deals, including contracts for the use of your lyrics or recorded songs
- Protecting your public image and likeness from misappropriation
- Helping you pursue endorsement deals
- Formalizing your internal band agreement
When you work with me, you will benefit from my up-to-date knowledge of entertainment law. Another key asset I offer is my network of relationships in the music industry, which I can leverage to help you expand your own network and find mutually beneficial relationships.
Ensuring That You Get Paid What You’re Worth
As an entertainment lawyer, I am committed to helping you advance your career and pursue opportunities that reflect the value of your work. I can offer relatable and realistic guidance to help you make the right choices in all aspects of your career.