Short Law Firm P.C. Family & Entertainment Lawyers
Experience And Insight To Help You Discover New Possibilities
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Domestic Violence
  4.  | CPS – Child Protective Services

CPS – Child Protective Services

If you have been contacted by the Texas Child Protective Services (CPS), you have a reason to worry. The actions you take now are critical. It is important to act fast to protect yourself and your family.

At Short Law Firm, PC, in Plano, Texas, I help people who are being investigated by CPS. If you have been approached by CPS, you need an attorney to protect your rights.

How I Can Help You

I help parents who are dealing with Child Protective Services. If you have been contacted by CPS, you may be asked to attend a CPS hearing. Any number of topics may be addressed, including those of abuse and neglect. The subject of foster care placement may also come up.

Child Protective Services personnel can be aggressive in their approach. If they suspect child abuse, child neglect, alcohol or drug abuse, or other potentially damaging situations, they won’t hesitate to remove the child from his or her home. Unfortunately, CPS doesn’t always look beyond the allegation – even though parents may have an explanation that may clarify the accusations.

At The First Sign Of Trouble

If there is reason to believe that you or your spouse is under investigation by Child Protective Services, it is important to act quickly. The earlier you seek help from an experienced attorney, the better. I have represented numerous families dealing with Texas CPS. I work to protect those in danger of losing parental rights. I explore all options to advocate on behalf of parents, aiming to protect critical parent-child relationships.

If you are dealing with CPS, know that I understand what is at stake. I am experienced at dealing with CPS and familiar with the processes its employees use when dealing with families. I use that knowledge when representing clients, seeking the best possible outcome for parents and children.

Help Protect Your Children

You know what is best for your child. I can help you deal with CPS and advocate for your parental rights. To meet with a me in my Collin County, Texas, law office, contact me online or call: 972-813-9959.