Short Law Firm P.C. Family & Entertainment Lawyers
Experience And Insight To Help You Discover New Possibilities
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Divorce
  4.  | Modifications

Modifying Court Orders

A substantial change in circumstances can require changes to the final divorce decree or other family court order. While most terms of a divorce decree are final and cannot be changed, you can request the court to change some terms if you can prove certain things. At Short Law Firm, PC, I have helped people with this in Plano and throughout Texas for many years.

A change in custody or visitation may be granted if there has been a substantial change in circumstances (such as abuse, neglect, relocation, etc.), and the change is in the best interests of the child. Depending upon the terms of the divorce, spousal support may be increased, decreased or eliminated due to a significant change in the parties’ income or needs, or remarriage of the spouse receiving support.

Child support may be increased or decreased if there is a significant change in either party’s income. Child support may be eliminated if there has been a termination of parental rights or adoption of the supported child.

Changing Custody Arrangements

As a Plano modification attorney, I have many years of focused family law experience. I spend the time it takes with you to understand your goals and circumstances so that I can work hard to obtain your best results. Clients appreciate my positive, helpful and energetic approach in helping them through a difficult time. Making custody modifications is not always easy, but I strive to realize your goals.

In addition to helping you seek modifications of a judgment or order, I can also seek enforcement of an existing court order if your ex-spouse is not living up to his or her obligations.

Get Custody Help

If you wish to enforce or modify a spousal support order, or to learn more about the modification of a custody or child support order, contact me online or call my office: 972-813-9959.